Join us for a little bit of island life!

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Going back

One of the questions that people ask us - apart from 'What made you choose La Palma?' - is 'Do you ever go back to the UK?'
And the answer is that yes we do, from time to time.  After all, our passport photos nearly look like us and we were not banished due to bad behaviour, as far as I know.  And of course we have our yummy family there.
So last week I dug out my scarf, hat and gloves and hopped on a flight, first to Gran Canaria and then on to Edinburgh courtesy of Ryanair.
My eventual destination was Stirling - Scotland's newest city and one of its most historic.  I had never been there before so there were lots of treats to be seen and some fantastic walking.  And shops,  oh yes, shops.  And I did.
Next, I headed due South by train to York, a city I know somewhat better.  And somehow, I had entirely dodged the snow - none in Stirling and none in York but plenty in between.  By the next day, that had been rectified, although with beautiful blue skies.
Back in La Palma, the scarf, hat and gloves have been packed away again, until the next time.  Mind you, in the next few months there might be snow 'up top,' at the highest point of the island.  Ah yes, snowballing followed by a dip in the sea.  Can't be bad, can it? I shall keep you posted.

2 comments:

catbrook said...

Love the plane photo! yummy family :-)

Unknown said...

could do with a bit of sun, getting tired of being frozen here in Devon