Join us for a little bit of island life!

Saturday 19 June 2010

Fresh and delicious


Luckily, we seem to be doing rather well with the vegetables at the moment. Maybe it is the law of averages - I mean, if you keep trying, plant a lot, weed a bit, water furiously and then not at all, you are bound to have some vegetables appear despite the sketchy care.
But right at the moment we have got a good steady supply of carrots, plenty of potatoes, an embarrasing amount of onions (well, I did rather go crazy by planting around 100), a few tomatoes (but plenty more on the way), quite a few bright yellow pumpkins fattening up nicely, lots of leeks busy going to seed, corn on the cob which should be ready in the next few weeks and are delicious on the bbq, some quite large sweet potato (destined for our neighbour who loves them even more than me), oh and an unseemly amount of beetroot. Plus one cabbage which I am guarding closely.
Yes, I think I can declare moderate success - hence it being blog-worthy.

No comments: